…catch up with all of you. Apparently I have been meaning to do that for 75 days at this point. Seventy-five days. That is just insane.
My life has been pretty busy. I feel like it is busier than normal even. My abridged version:
1. My knees (more so my left) are killing me. I mean serious pain…constant pain…the kind of pain that makes you walk up the stairs like a two-year-old griping the rail for dear life.
2. My weight continues to hold steady…around 190 to 193 pounds. I saw one glimpse of 189.8 on the scale…then the very next day I was back to 192. Infuriating.
3. I am training with Aaron steadily these days. Things did not “end” well with Denise, unfortunately, and I am missing her like crazy. I will always be grateful to her for getting my through some of the toughest months in my journey and being ridiculously supportive even when I was whining like a baby.
4. I went back to college. I had graduated in January with an Associate degree. Currently I am working toward a Bachelor’s in Health Sciences (Health & Wellness). This is pretty exciting…and also makes me very busy. Should I actually be able to make myself blog on any kind of regular basis, I will have all kinds of good/fascinating information to share with you all!
5. I am getting stronger. A lot stronger. A military push-up (one in which you keep your elbows tucked neatly next to your torso instead of flaring them out at a 45-degree angle) was something that eluded me…and annoyed me. However, I am happy to say I can do them! Not a ton of them, but still I can…and in perfect form! This was a major victory for me…strange, I know.
6. My right elbow cannot behave for any length of time. I was diagnosed with tendonitis in it a couple months ago. I iced it, rested it, and took Ibuprofen. It felt better, so I did upper body with Aaron and then it was mad at me again. Then, repeat…and again…and again. Every time I give it a week or two off, it feels great. However, as soon as I do any pushing or pulling…WHAM-O! It is killing me all over again. Also frustrating.
7. Friday marked my third Ortho-Visc injection (second set) in both knees. Friday and Saturday were *rough* (to say the least), but today they seem to be feeling a little better. Hopefully this means I will have some time to work on them.
8. I have decided to write a book…after *lots* of urging from friends, family, and acquaintances. Personally, I think the idea of writing a book all about me is egotistical. Other people; however, seem to think it would be beneficial and inspirational to those who would want to read a book all about me. So, as part of my submission, I will be doing a photo shoot on Jan 5 & 6th. Aaron, Dorsey, Chris, and others from Fitworks will be joining me for the shoot. Honestly, I doubt I could pull it off without them (as I plan to hide behind them as much as possible – tee hee).
9. I still struggle with body image…and loving myself. That has not changed much, if at all. I have a difficult time seeing how far I have come more than how much further I have left to travel. I think not seeing the scale move for a couple months compounds this issue…at least for me anyway. I am actively working on this, though. Some texts I have to read for school may help: Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert is one I am reading right now.
10. I still struggle with making good food choices. Not every single day, but in times of great stress I still find myself considering things I should not. I will spare you the details, but let me just admit that I had an internal debate with myself for about an hour over Junior Mints (whether or not to buy them). I will also say that on that day in particular, no Junior Mints came home with me. On that day.
11. Cardio is hard…with these knees…which has a lot to do with the scale not moving, I am sure. It should get easier once this Ortho-Visc “kicks in” to help alleviate some of the discomfort in my joints.
12. I need to count calories, but find it too damn annoying…and slightly depressing. I hate counting calories. I really do. Aaron keeps telling me I need to (since I am not losing weight easily anymore), and I know he is right. However, counting calories either makes me feel super fat or starving. No happy medium. Crazy, I know.
Well, I am sure I missed some things, but that is a general update of how things have been going, and what I am up to right now. It is my honest intention to keep on blogging…regularly…so, hopefully I will be “seeing” you again later this week.
How have you been holding up?